Wednesday, February 20, 2013

MorningStar Farms Review and Recipe


Yummy! Doesn't it just look delicious?   This is the first burger I tried with my FREE sample of MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers.  I am not a vegetarian and don't plan on becoming one but I had heard these patties were tasty and had been wanting to try them.  I have a hard time spending money on products I am not sure I will like so when Bzz Agent asked me to participate in this campaign I was thrilled. 

MorningStar Farms from Kellogg's not only provides a wide variety of meatless products they also have tons of recipes to give you inspiration on how to use them.  I love foods with a touch of heat so this recipe fit the bill for my taste buds.

Fiery Chipotle-Cheddar Patriot Burger

INGREDIENTS

1 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
1/2 ounce blue tortilla strips
1/2 ounce red tortilla strips
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
2 ounces ketchup
1 ounce fresh romaine
1 sourdough bun

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger patty according to directions.
2. Fry tortilla strips in oil until crisp.
3. Place black pepper on patty and top with cheese; place under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Combine chipotle pepper and ketchup; reserve.
5. Place lettuce on bottom bun, then place patty on top of lettuce and top with tortilla strips and top bun.
6. Serve with chipotle ketchup.
 
I added a slice of avocado and pepper jack cheese to mine. The burger was juicy, the texture was firm and overall I was impressed with my first veggie burger. 
 
Disclosure:
Recipe and picture are courtesy of MorningStar Farms.
Bzz Agent provide me with a coupon for a free product but all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment