Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Granola Bites

I have to bring  snack for my sons soccer team on Saturday and thought I would makethese granola bites. These nutritious little balls are easy to make in large quanities and will give them a boost of energy at halftime.  They are so easy to make and make a great afternoon snack, a special treat in a lunchbox or anytime you need a little extra energy. 
Ingredients
2 bananas
1 cup peanut butter (I prefer chunky)
1 cup of Rice Krispies, wheat germ or old fashioned rolled oats
Coating options: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, powdered sugar or cocoa powder

Instructions

In a medium bowl, mash together the banana and the peanut butter.
Stir in cereal choice. Roll individual tablespoons of the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in one, or a mix, of the coatings listed above. Chill until firm.
*You might find it easier to chill the balls first then roll in the mix.
Makes about 30 balls.

Note: I have never tried this but I bet you could substitute the peanut butter for Nutella. Sounds yummy to me.

Picture courtesy of Joy of Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment