Have a child graduating from preschool, kindergarten, high school or just want to celebrate graduating to the next grade? Here is an easy way to decorate some cupcakes with your kids to celebrate.
10 vanilla cupcake
1 16-oz can of vanilla frosting
Yellow, red, and blue food coloring
1 cup chocolate frosting
1/4 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
12 miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups, unwrapped
12 chocolate-covered thin mint candies
10 blue miniature M&M’s (or you could use blue frosting)
Variety of candies for hair (Apple Jacks, sprinkles, mini marshmallows, etc.)
1. Separate the vanilla frosting into four different containers.
2. Tint some of the frosting yellow, red and blue.
3. Mix the remaining frosting with the cocoa powder to create tan frosting.
4. Spoon the dyed frosting and chocolate frosting into five different plastic bags for piping
After frosting the cupcake with tan frosting and using candies to create hair and ears, create the graduation cap by doing the following:
5. Press peanut butter cups, large end down, on top of cupcakes, adding a dot of frosting to secure if necessary.
6. Pipe a dot of chocolate frosting on top of each peanut butter cup and add chocolate mint as the mortarboard.
7. For tassel, starting from center of mortarboard, pipe several lines of blue frosting, allowing frosting to overhang edge of chocolate.
8. Press a blue candy on top.
9. And you have your graduates! If making several different graduates is a little overwhelming you could just one or two and make several of the same.
Ages 3 and up
*Idea courtesy of All You Magazine