Every little girl needs a wand to make them feel like a fairy princess, it is a rule. My daughter is not into "dressing up" very much, she puts the outfit on, does a few twirls and she is done. But she does love the wands that accompany these dress up outfits. So I made (with a little help from my girl) her a pumpkin wand. It is too cute and very easy.
- Template for Fairy Godmother Halloween Wand
- Long-handled wooden spoon ( found a set of four at Dollar Tree)
- Craft paint (gold looks especially nice)
- Small paintbrush or foam brush
- Craft paper (two shades of orange and brown for the pumpkin stem or any color you want your wand to be)
- Glue stick
- Glue dots
- Glitter glue and/or faux gems
- Curly ribbon and/or curled green floral wire
1. Paint the wooden spoon and set it aside to dry. ( I skipped this step and it looks just fine)
|2. Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the shapes in the specified colors of paper. Note: younger kids may need some help cutting the grooves in the pumpkin overlay pieces.|
|3. Glue the overlay pieces and then the stems onto the pumpkin bases, keeping in mind that the pumpkins will be glued back-to-back so they should look like mirror images.|
5. Now your child can embellish the pumpkins with glitter glue and/or faux gems. For the finishing touch, glue or tie on curly ribbon "vines."
Pictures & idea from Disney Family