Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I made these melting snowman smores for my granddaughter and her cousins.  They were a huge hit.  With the weather warming up a little a thought these would be a great treat to celebrate the melting snow in your area. 
When I made these I improvised with what I had on hand.
Ingredients:
graham crackers
Hershey bars
marshmallows
marshmallow fluff
chocolate chips
fruit roll-ups

Directions:
Melt a 1/2  cup of the chocolate chips.  Place melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle if you have one ( I just made mine with a toothpick). Squeeze out on to wax paper to make your twig hands.  Let harden.  Place a dap of melted chocolate on the top of a graham cracker square, place a square of hershey bar on top.  Add a spoonful of fluff on top of the chocolate bar.  It will "melt" as it settles.  Top with a marshmallow. 
Now it is time to decorate.  Using a pizza cutter, cut a scarf out of a fruit roll up.  Wrap around the bottom of the marshmallow. Cut a nose out of an orange fruit roll up, add to marshmallow along with chocolate chips for the eyes.  Place the twig hands into the marshmallow fluff.  Enjoy these gooey treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment