Being a native Floridian and a resident of lovely southwest Florida I have never experienced a snow day. Hurricane days -YES, snow days -NO. So I was wondering - what do you do to entertain the kids on a snow day?
I am thinking I would light a fire, drink hot chocolate and curl up under the covers with a good book. Now the kiddos probably have other ideas. So here are a few activities your kids might like to do:
* spend hours bundling up for a few minutes of outdoor play
* make cookies - the heat from the oven will warm your home
* watch a movie - how about Snow Day or Home Alone (Family Fun Edition)
* everyone gather on the couch, under the covers and tell stories or look at family pictures
* build a fort with blankets and sheets
* make snow ice cream - lots of fresh snow, 1 or 2 cups of whole or evaporated milk,1 or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/2 to 1 cup of sugar
What do you do on snow days?