Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Incredible Edible Playdoh

Riley loves to play with playdoh but I really don't like it. I am anal about the colors mixing and for days afterwards I am picking up pieces of hot pink playdoh off the floor. Then one day I found this recipe for edible playdoh and thought maybe I'd prefer the edible kind to the non. When I told Riley we were going to be making edible playdoh she thought I said incredible and has been calling it that ever since. So I give you the recipe for Incredible Edible Playdoh!

INGREDIENTS:
 Container of chocolate icing
1 cup of peanut butter
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
(note: I halved this recipe because I thought it seemed like too much for one child & I was right)

DIRECTIONS:
Stir all three ingredients together until well blended

Playdoh should look like this

Play with & eat playdoh! I put down some wax paper and got out a bunch of cookie cutters and let Riley go to town. The playdoh tasted like chocolate & peanut butter fudge, yum! And it did not make the same mess that regular playdoh does. It stayed together really well and was not sticky. The playdoh that was not eaten I stuck in the fridge to be used the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment