Yummy! Doesn't it just look delicious? This is the first burger I tried with my FREE sample of MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers. I am not a vegetarian and don't plan on becoming one but I had heard these patties were tasty and had been wanting to try them. I have a hard time spending money on products I am not sure I will like so when Bzz Agent asked me to participate in this campaign I was thrilled.
MorningStar Farms from Kellogg's not only provides a wide variety of meatless products they also have tons of recipes to give you inspiration on how to use them. I love foods with a touch of heat so this recipe fit the bill for my taste buds.
|1 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers|
|1/2 ounce blue tortilla strips|
|1/2 ounce red tortilla strips|
|1 tablespoon black pepper|
|1 slice cheddar cheese|
|1 teaspoon chipotle pepper|
|2 ounces ketchup|
|1 ounce fresh romaine|
|1 sourdough bun|
1. Cook Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger patty according to directions.
2. Fry tortilla strips in oil until crisp.
3. Place black pepper on patty and top with cheese; place under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Combine chipotle pepper and ketchup; reserve.
5. Place lettuce on bottom bun, then place patty on top of lettuce and top with tortilla strips and top bun.
6. Serve with chipotle ketchup.
I added a slice of avocado and pepper jack cheese to mine. The burger was juicy, the texture was firm and overall I was impressed with my first veggie burger.
Recipe and picture are courtesy of MorningStar Farms.
Bzz Agent provide me with a coupon for a free product but all opinions are my own.