I don't know about you but as a busy mom I don't spend a great deal of time on my make up. I spend under 5 minutes on it at the beginning of the day and then forget about it. I guess that is why I never bothered with lipstick because it never last very long. So you can imagine how excited I was when I was invited by Bzz Agent to try Maybelline Superstay 24 hour 2 Step Lipcolor. It sounded just like the product I needed to add to my morning makeup routine. Who wouldn't love a lipcolor you could apply and then forget about it for the rest of the day? I know I would. I received 4 shades from Bzz Agent to try: Forever Chestnut, Everlasting Wine, Timeless Rose and Very Cranberry. My favorite is Everlasting Wine.
The first day I tried it I was a little disappointed because I found that the color had faded by noon and my lips felt dry. I really wanted to give the product a fair trial and was really hoping to find a long lasting lipcolor so I didn't give up. I continued to use the product and discovered that you need to reapply the balm throughout the day to keep your lips from drying out and to keep the color fresh. For me that kind of defeats the purpose of worry free lipcolor. I don't want to have to stop throughout the day to mess with my makeup. Really, as busy moms who has the time.
I found for best results you need to apply the liquid color to clean, bare lips. Allow a full two minutes to dry, then apply ultra-conditioning lip balm to seal in softness. Reapply lip balm as needed. Remove with an oil-based makeup remover.
I will continue to use Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour LipColor because I find that it does stay in place and doesn't come off when I am eating or drinking. It goes on easy and I love the applicator. I do not have to mess with it as often as I would other lipsticks.
Here's why you will love it:
* Will not crumble, cake, feather or transfer
* 2-step lipcolor in one applicator
* Micro flex formula
* Available in 30 vibrant, runway-inspired colors, divide into four shade families: Reds, Plums, Pinks and Naturals
* All-day color in just two steps: long lasting base coat and moisturizing top coat balm.
* Great value- available in most drugstores - with a suggested retail value of $9.99
What you won't love:
* Gooey feel
* Reapplying balm
* Fading color
* Darker colors hard to blend
Do you want to try this product? Get a $2.00 off coupon or we will be giving one lucky reader the opportunity to try one of the lipcolors I received as a part of my free trial.
Giveaway is open to all US residents 18 years old and up. Winners will be posted on the blog shortly after the giveaway ends and you will have 48 hours to respond. Giveaway ends April 22nd.
1. Mandatory - Follow Kid Kapers. Leave a comment include email address so we can notify you if you win.
2. Tell us your favorite Maybelline Superstay lip color, not listed above.
3. Blog about this giveaway. Leave a comment with link.
4. Follow us on our new Twitter page! http://twitter.com/#kidkapers. Leave a comment telling us you follow us on Twitter.
5. Add a giveaway to the linky below and leave a comment.