2 dowell rods (1 long, 1 short)
String or ribbon
Brown paper or a paper bag
Strong tape (ie: duct or reflective)
- Tie the rods together into a cross shape with the string. Make sure the rods stay centered.
- Cut out paper kite shape that is an inch or two bigger in diameter than the cross on all sides.
- Fold down the extra inch or two of paper on each diagonal and secure with tape to create a thick edge.
- Tape the paper portion of the kite to the cross.
- Tie a long piece of string to the point where the bars cross, leaving the end attached to the spool.
- Decorate the front with paint, tape & stickers.