Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

 




I have such a sweet tooth.  Every time I think of my post for Tasty Tuesday that is where my mind goes - straight to the sweets.  Today I thought I would feature something a little healthier but just as yummy.  And what kid won't love having food served to them on a stick?   This recipe is brought to you by Super Healthy Kids.


Ingredients:
All natural peanut butter 
Shredded apples (with a cheese grater)
Shredded carrots (also used a cheese grater)
1 Whole Wheat tortilla
1 bamboo skewer

Spread the peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla. Top the tortilla with shredded carrots and apples. Roll up. Place the pinwheels on the skewer along with a few apple slices. 

Just think of all the variations you could do with this idea:
Nutella instead of peanut butter, bananas instead of apples.. you get the idea.  Have fun with it.  It is a great way to get kids to eat healthier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment